Tonga

Tonga

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I am officially known as Kona, pronounced Co-Na.  The Tongan alphavbet doesn't have an R in it so it is hard for some Tongans to say Connor.  So when they do say it, it sounds like Kona, so at the recommendation of some current volunteers IU took Kona as my Tongan name.  Many Tongan names are words (I don't know if that's true).  Anyway the funny thing is that when you look p Kona in the dictionary, the definiton is, "To be intoxicated or poisoned" lol.  It has really caught on here in Ha'apai so I'm going to run with it. 

Today and yesterday we spent a couple of hours diving and spear fishing in the coral reefs.  Today I caught my first fish.  The first was a pretty pathetic 6 or 7 inch fish and then I caught a squid which was pretty sweet.  Especially since I thought it was a big white fish until I shot it and black ink sprayed everywhere. 

***Because the internet is so slow I can't post the whole blog post.  This is about 1/5 of what I wrote so I'll have to post the rest another day.  My ride is leaving.***

Also no pics yet and I buzzed my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment